LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Buyer for an opportunity in Billingham, WA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinates activities involved with procuring, tracking, and expediting goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies at a competitive price, delivery, and quality via the issuance of a purchase order.
- Schedules and tracks the material deliveries based upon production schedule and other program requirements.
- Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Prepares purchase orders and bid requests.
- Basic negotiation and administration of agreements with suppliers and other representatives within scope of authority.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Support achievement of department metrics.
- Enters purchase orders into MRP system and issues to supplier via internet, fax or e-mail.
- Maintains purchase order status and follows up on unconfirmed and past due orders plus requirements due in coming weeks.
- Arbitrates claims and resolves complaints generated during performance of purchase order or contract, escalating issues to the Purchasing Manager as appropriate.
- Interacts with Engineering, Planning and Production to ensure any changes in production requirements are flowed down to suppliers.
- Maintains professionalism in developing collaborative relationships with internal customers, partners and suppliers.
- Liaise with planners to control scheduling of parts to ensure stock levels meet demands while achieving site level/corporate financial targets.
- Evaluates defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Updates suppliers with engineering changes and drawings.
- Actively manages supplier performance.
- Develops commodity/market knowledge and maintains roster of available supply sources.
- Approves invoices for payment within scope of authority. Expedites delivery of goods to users.
Experience: 6+ years experience in purchasing.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
- Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Education: College degree is preferred (Preferably a degree in Supply Chain management or related field) or comparable experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.