Perform all tractor and trailer repair estimation diagnosis and correction following standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Complete routine rebuilds and replacements, make best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and perform technical repairs and/or replacements. Use American Trucking Association (ATA) system and other published and internet-based manuals and check sheets.
Shift: 2nd Shift Mon.-Fri., 3 PM – 11:30 PM
Essential Job Duties:
- Follow workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently
- Follow MSDS training and guidelines
- Perform proper Preventive Maintenance such as lube, filters, inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related safety and security
- Perform basic electrical repair and replace starters, alternators and batteries
- Perform tires tread, inflation, rotation, wear, reconditioning of wheels
- Inspect & replace basic engine components, transmission and clutch (R&R) and drive line components
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components
- Any other duties assigned to support operation
- 5+ years of experience of vehicle maintenance
- Equivalent of a High school diploma or GED
- Must have valid drivers license with acceptable driving record
- Must be eligible to obtain CDL
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions
- Exposure to windows based computer systems, preferred
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.