LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Assembler/Welder for an opportunity in broken Arrow, OK.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tasks in production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assembly and sub-assemblies
- Work from diagrams and drawings and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs and saws
- Shall qualify to weld in accordance with the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process (TIG) on Aluminum, Mild and Stainless Steel
- Capable of qualifying and welding in accordance with company standards, and AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3 and D1.6 in 2G, 3G and 4G positions for plate and 6G position for pipe. Testing must be X-ray verified
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures
- Skilled in the use of measuring tools or instruments, as provided and appropriate, to assure accuracy in dimensions of work in process
- Able to work for sustained periods of time in the standing position
- Capable of reading, comprehending and complying with Work Instruction Process Sheets and Blueprints
- Must have a working knowledge of welding equipment controls for both processing and safety
- Able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, and clamps, as provided for effective positioning and holding of parts to be welded
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications include the following:
- Must possess an active Secret DoD Clearance
- High School plus 5 years experience welding aluminum and/or steel in a manufacturing environment in accordance to Military Standards or similar standards. Experience may be a combination of work experience and schooling
- Must have knowledge of basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Must be able to read and comprehend written material, including blueprints, drawings and work instructions
- Must have work history with mechanical assembly
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and pushing/pulling of heavy parts and occasional work in confined areas
- Must be able to pass vision testing to Jaeger 1, with or without corrective lenses
- NDT Level II VT a plus, but not necessary
- Records of WPQRs shall be submitted
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.