Senior RF Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sr. RF Engineer for an opportunity in Northampton, MA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Senior RF System Engineer position is to synthesize and define complex electro-optical and electro-mechanical systems. Coordinate system level requirements and ensure that technical obligations are fulfilled.
- Synthesize and define RF System designs for complex electro optical solutions.
- Coordinate system level requirements internally and among subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with Project Engineer, other engineers and other departments to ensure that all technical contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
- Adhere to budget and schedule commitments.
- Design and develop microwave components, circuits and subsystems for multidisciplinary products applications.
- Perform engineering design analysis to establish validity of designs.
- Prepare and review design documentation in accordance with contract requirements and/or internal standards.
- Lead and support the assembly and integration of products/systems containing microwave components or subsystems.
- Draft technical performance specifications and assist Purchasing Dept. with procurement of items as necessary
- Design or specify test procedures and test equipment (including Vector Network Analyzers, Noise Figure Meters, and Spectrum Analyzers) and provide technical assistance to Technical Specialist or test personnel during testing of prototype and production hardware.
- Support Production Floor for system integration and test
- Conduct or coordinate system cascade analyses and trade studies and complex design risk trade-off analysis.
- Coordinate and lead design reviews of new or existing designs prepare/present complex internal and external design reviews.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works in a typical office environment with exposure to light manufacturing environment
- Light domestic and international travel environments – up to 25%
- Software used: Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, Outlook E-mail
- Technical Software Used: Mathcad, MATLAB, SysCalc (microwave only) or similar
- The use of safety equipment (PPE) is required in designated areas
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering or Physics
- 7+ years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline outlined above
- Must have experience with Cascade Analysis
- Must have experience utilizing RF Measurement and Antenna Measurement & Design experience
- Highest capability and efficiency in using computer tools
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.