CNC Production Supervisor
LAUNCH is currently looking to hire a Production Supervisor to oversee a CNC Machining Department in our Alsip, IL facility. This is a 2nd shift position (4:30pm to 4am) paying up to $30/hour based on experience. This person will help to build out the 2nd shift and oversee a team of 8 to 10 machinist once it is up and running. Anyone with 5+ years’ experience as a Production Supervisor overseeing CNC Machinist is qualified for this position.
- Coordinate production processes from schedule; communicates, addresses production conflicts, follows up on changes.
- Coordinate and expedite incoming and outgoing sub-contracting needs.
- Work closely with engineering and quality departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expedite projects when needed.
- Facilitate production meetings. Sets schedule, issues agenda, ensures effective communication among departments.
- Oversees and performs customer service duties.
- Communicate all problems and other work-related issues with supervisor.
- Receive, understand and follow all written and oral instruction.
- Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork, including system updates, associated with position.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Resolve day-to-day issues by working effectively with others.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar position in a manufacturing facility.
- Math abilities including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions.
- Wide range of product knowledge including field requirements, electrical and mechanical.
- Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel, etc.)
- Understand machining properties of various raw materials (303SSTv. 304SST)
- Effective team leader with excellent communication skills including the ability to receive, understand and follow all oral and written instruction; provide instruction and information to outside vendors, customers, employees and management.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work and problem solve