LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Technician for an opportunity in Victor, NY.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision is responsible for conducting prescribed tests on technically complex and sophisticated SATCOM equipment. Obtain and set up testing equipment and panels in accordance to test run specifications. Test, troubleshoot, and report product failures. Analyze product circuitry in order to isolate component failure and provide detailed repair instructions. Document test readings and test conditions and evaluate returned products for product failure causes. Assist in the evaluation of testing procedures, testing equipment and work procedures. Provide technical and logistical support to engineering and production personnel for legacy products.
- Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of production systems. May test various individual components used in systems in receiving test.
- Adjust, calibrate, align, and test circuitry and components to ensure systems meet specifications.
- Test repaired equipment returned to the Company.
- Assist with final quality testing of finished systems to make sure each is functioning according to engineering specifications prior to shipment.
- Maintain accurate documentation of product test results and update troubleshooting logs.
- Accept a dynamic work schedule at times, including nights and weekends.
- Identify and setup test equipment and perform RF testing.
- Must be able to operate and prove proficiency with all types of GPETE (General Purpose Electronic Test Equipment) to include DVMs, Oscilloscopes, and Logic Analyzers.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems on RF set-ups and provide root cause and corrective actions in a straight forward solutions. Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution.
- Aid in the maintenance of test procedures. Perform data collection and analysis to monitor trends. Collect, analyze and interpret data and work with engineers to ensure products meet specifications.
- Assist in analysis throughout process and provide data for engineers.
- Work to develop internal customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is that of a typical manufacturing facility with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedure manuals, professional journals. Ability to assist in writing reports, correspondence and document procedures. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, proportions. Ability to apply concepts such as basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally stoop or crouch, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- High School or equivalent and 4 years of prior relevant experience, or Associate degree with 0 to 2 relevant years of experience.
- US Citizenship Required
- Electrical/electronic RF technician experience.
- Must have experience performing test and diagnostics using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVM, signal generators, power meters, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, frequency counters and other related test equipment.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook). Must be detailed-oriented and have the ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential with the ability to interface within department.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills due to continually changing work environment.
- Must have the ability to read and analyze schematics for and RF circuits.
- Communicates with team members and the ability to work as a member of inter-disciplinary teams.
- Able to perform functional tests, as prescribed, on devices at receiving test.
- Military experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.