Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements using predetermined methods and in some cases may determine methods and sequences
- Inspects for proper identity and dimensions using such measuring devices as micrometers, gauges, and calipers
- Visually inspects for obvious defects or damage such as corrosion, cracks, dents, scratches, and pits.
- Verifies specifications using purchase orders, blueprints, drawing or inspection instructions, and checklists
- Makes pass/fail decisions on inspected goods
- May improvise or adapt inspection and measuring devices as needed
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Maintains records of results
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in the following areas: Receiving/inspection, material handling, traffic/shipping
- Basic math skills Basic computer skills Fluent in English, speaking, and writing
- Ability to push, pull, lift minimum 50 lbs.
- Safety shoes required
- Fluent in the Spanish language, preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.