Shift: 1st M-F 8-5pm
The role of the Crib Attendant is to receive, store, and issue hand tools, machine tools, dies, materials, and equipment. Duties also include maintaining tool functionality, calibration specifications, and safe condition by performing frequent inspections of tools and equipment for wear, defects, or damage.
The essential function of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Store and distribute hand tools and other equipment.
- Keep an inventory of tools by tracking the distribution of tools and users in a database or other system.
- Order new tools and equipment or repair tools as needed.
- Inspect and measure tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually or using micrometer, and report damage or ware to supervisors.
- Repair, service, and lubricate tools and equipment, utilizing hand tools, spray gun, or pressurized spray gun.
- Willingness to communicate with other team members, share knowledge, and train fellow teammates when needed.
- Organize, maintain, and clean work area per the housekeeping expectations.
- Perform related tasks as directed by supervisor.
The Crib Attendant report directly to the Production/Machine Shop Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory:
- Knowledge of inventory control.
- Familiarity with metal cutting tools, such as carbide inserts, end mill, drills, etc.
- Outstanding organization skills.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands & arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, & ability to focus. Safety glasses or side shields for prescription glasses are mandatory.