Pay Rate: Market rate in the area. Flexible
Shift: 1st M-F 8-5pm
The role of the Quality inspector is to monitor the quality of incoming and outgoing products or materials.
The essential function of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inspect and approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Inspect in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approve finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calibration requirements, and calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishe quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
The Quality Inspector reports directly to the Plant Manager and has the support responsibility to all functional directors and managers.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory:
- Ability to write CMM Programs in PC-DMIS
- CNC and conventional machining background.
- Ability to read drawings and understand GD&T.
- Ability to read and understand aerospace and military specs.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with manufacturing.
- Knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) and manufacturing software (CAM) preferably AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, MasterCAM.
- Knowledge of Calibration systems and material & process certifications
- Ability to perform manual layout and inspection
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage projects effectively.
- Detail and precision oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to create manufacturing plans using ERP system.
- Experience with Infor Visual ERP a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands & arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; & stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, & ability to focus. Safety glasses or side shields for prescription glasses are mandatory.