Light Duty Truck Technicians (Ford)
Pay: $20-$31 P/H DOE
Shift: 1st & 2nd 7AM-3PM & 3:#0PM – 12AM M-F
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Provide technical service to vehicles.
- Read job order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to resolve malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Follow checklists ensuring all critical parts are examined.
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly.
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
- Attend training classes and keep tabs on factory technical bulletins.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer happiness.
- Properly complete the service and/or repairs assigned by supervisor.
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Participate in, and utilize to the best of one’s abilities, technical training as assigned by management.
- Maintain your designated workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Ensure guest vehicles are returned as clean as they were prior to being serviced.
- Show the utmost courtesy to all guests, visitors and dealership personnel.
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management.
- Adhere to manufacturer’s policies and procedures as they relate to labor operations, time and repair order documentation when performing warranty repairs and torque specifications.
- Any other duties as outlined by the Service Supervisor and or management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- ASE certification preferred
- CDL certification preferred
- Teammate with a strong sense of dedication to the customer and service team
- Self-motivated and professional
- Possess own tools