LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Wax Operator for an opportunity in Tampa, FL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area.
- Performs all essential duties of the wax patterns prep operation as required or as requested by supervisor.
- Uses correct tools and supplies to remove defects from patterns, preparing them for the assembly operation
- Has the correct practice pulled up on the Mercury screen while performing the operation.
- Meets the established quality and time requirements following standard work.
- Inspects wax patterns to ensure that they have been properly cleaned and are ready for assembly.
- Checks sketches and instructions in engineering practices to determine procedure required in the set up and assembly of wax patterns, into molds or clusters.
- Utilizes hot iron, water welders, scalpels and other tools as needed in the assembly process.
- Assembles wax, plastic and ceramic core components .
- Assembles wax mold attaching patterns, gating, sprues, bleeders, pour cup, chem slug and other components of wax mold as shown in engineering practice.
- Uses stick-tight and other adhesive substances as required when attaching parts together during assembly process.
- Advises supervisor or group leader of any difficulties encountered during assembly or cleaning process. –
- epairs imperfections as advised by supervisor, team leader or wax inspector.
- Completes all necessary paperwork to include signing off the part router.
- Transfers completed patterns to the next operation according to the router
- Informs supervisor, team leader or cell support when work is complete
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High Schol Diploma or GED and 1 or more years of experience
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as safety rules, work instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to record information on a daily basis.
- Ability to speak and listen effectively to follow instructions
- Ability to write, speak and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work with hot hand tools.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to client safety procedures and regulations.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.