Manufacturing Operations Analyst
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Manufacturing Operations Analyst for an opportunity in San Antonio, TX
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Conducts assessments of processes and practices for comparison to applicable standards and criteria. Analyzes and interprets data. Provides feedback on assessment results. Works with organizations to develop strategies, plans and metrics to accomplish company initiatives using Lean methodologies or other applicable tools and processes. Works at the appropriate level in the organization to implement strategies and plans. Works under general direction.
Must be able to coach aircraft structural or electrical mechanics on maintaining, repairing, and modifying aircraft structures and electrical components of moderate difficulty, maintaining and modifying aircraft skins, stringers, spars, and other major structural components or electrical wiring, connections, and testing, and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applying comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting engineering drawings and instructions.
Knowledge of structural or electrical assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities (Metal structures/electrical systems), and data needed for defining delivery configurations (e.g., design definition, program directives, engineering drawings, change memos, schematics, functional tests, supplier data). Ability to differentiate production (manufacturing) processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements, including maintenance and modifications.
Knowledge of techniques to help identify a customer’s organization, capabilities, practices, support resources, preferences, problems, and other constraints in order to provide effective product support and technical issue resolution.
General Shop Processes
Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
Knowledge of Lean principles, processes and tools (i. e. Continuous Flow, Accelerated Improvement Workshop, Value Stream Analysis, Takt Time, etc.). Knowledge of how to apply principles, processes and tools to various work environments to enable implementation of enterprise wide Boeing Production System (Toyota Production System).
Ability to identify and create qualitative or quantitative measures of success and failure. Ability to select the key parameters and develop standards to monitor progress, provide updates of performance, and plot trends over time.
Ability to support, lead, and delegate the project team’s responsibilities and tasks through all stages of the project life cycle.
Knowledge of the quality system (e.g., Boeing Quality Management System (BQMS), International Organization for Standardization (ISO9001), Aerospace Standard (AS91001).
Qualifications and requirements:
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires 7+ years of aircraft maintenance/modification experience.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- If applicable, please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with the date received.
- Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience and years of experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
- Experience with Very Important Person (VIP) aircraft or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
- AA certification in Airframe and/or Power Plant AND minimum of seven (7) years’ experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED and typically 7+ of experience.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.