Seeking multiple Quality Inspector’s for an opportunity in Arlington Heights on 2nd shift. This job is in a metal/steel fabrication shop that specializes in grinding and honing of parts. Looking for someone with a manufacturing background in quality inspection on precision metal parts. 2 to 3 years of experience preferred.
Shift: 3:30 PM to 12 AM. OT is a must, working close to 50 hours or more. Candidates will be training on 1st for a few weeks then changing to 2nd once caught up!
Pay: $18 p/hour or depending on experience.
- Utilizes micrometer, caliper, height gage, optical comparator, Hommel, surface tester, roundness tester, vision system & other metrology equipment as applicable.
- Interpret engineering drawings, including GD&T & perform inspections accordingly.
- Generates accurate first piece/last piece, in process/final inspections and ISIR layouts.
- Assists in root cause/corrective action activities.
- Participates in APQP activities as required.
- Performs dock audits, process audits and capability studies as required.
- Performs activities to support the quality system, quality policy, quality procedures, work procedures.
- Assist in calibration activities as requested including gage retrieval & data base entry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.