Aircraft Painter II
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Painters to work under minimum supervision to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures in Savannah, Georgia.
Production Painter Sr will Assume a lead role in the paint area, effectively prepares and paints major sub-assemblies and other parts of aircraft in production according to specifications and schedule requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical evaluation to establish sequence of operations and ensure correct method of manufacturing, assembly, installation, and detail components. .
- Troubleshoot any problem area concerning department tooling, production assembly, and aircraft systems.
- Perform a variety of activities including preparation of surfaces, mixing paints, and painting aircraft, small parts, and various surfaces according to required. specifications.
- Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Apply specialty coatings, topcoats and clear coats; buffs out inclusions; completes new tasks with minimum impact to production schedule. .
- Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, work orders, sketches, and operation sheets to comply with requirements. .
- Maintain and use all logs and records for EPA reporting. .
- Monitor and record equipment readings (pressure, humidity, oven temp history gauges etc.). .
- Perform layout and masking as necessary.
- Mix paints, primers, etc. according to specifications.
- Paint major assemblies (including metal, fiberglass and composite material), detail parts, and apparatus related to ground support.
- Strip paint and prepare surfaces as required.
- Perform miscellaneous paint operations and applies decals.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S and Lean Initiative Programs and complies with all safety regulations. .
- Demonstrate Gulfstream Manufacturing competencies in the Employee Effectiveness Review.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with the aircraft painting process.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Two (5) years painting/paint preparation experience.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.