Machinisht - Lathe
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Lathe Machinist in Pascagoula, MS
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As CNC Machinist, you will have an opportunity to use a variety of precision measuring instruments, inspect in process or finished parts and feature characteristics as well as manufacturing methods to blueprint specifications. This is a chance for you to develop a career within a global business and to help us improve our processes.
- Machining propellers and controllable pitch blades using one or more of the following pieces of equipment; saws, horizontal and vertical boring mills, key seater, lathes, and measuring devices
- Utilizing methods used to hold and fixture work through the use of shims, wedges, parallels, blocks, supports, chucks and other holding devices to obtain proper alignment and to avoid moving or breaking of tools and parts
- Working to machine dimensions and maintain close tolerances and correlated dimensions with a high demand for precision, concentricity, finish and parallelismSelecting speeds and feeds according to type of material and finish requirements
- Using a variety of precision measuring instruments, inspecting in process or finished parts to validate above mentioned form and feature characteristics as well as manufacturing methods to blueprint specifications
- Ability to lift various items weighing up to approximately 40 pounds, work overtime, and/or any shift as required
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of machine shop experience including operating mills, lathes, etc.
- Basic knowledge of operating precision tools, machining methods and cutting qualities of metals
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DOD Confidential Security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Experience with manual and CNC operation on a variety of mills, lathes, grinders and coordinate measuring machines
• 2+ years machining operations of propeller castings experience
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?