LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Quality Inspector with extensive aircraft inspection experience for an opportunity in Bridgeport, West Virginia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate, identify, document, and report defects and discrepancies in aircraft structures, components, and systems.
- Inspect to approve or reject final work to verify that all maintenance and repair activities conform to specified requirements.
- Perform work findings inspections (general visual and detailed) in accordance with established procedures by applying approved inspection criteria to confirm or deny the existence of quality or nonconformances.
- Document all repairs (major and minor) in accordance with FAA, customer, and company requirements.
- Document and report Service Difficulty Reports (SDR) as applicable.
- Perform inspections of incoming parts and materials to ensure airworthiness.
- Perform RII inspections as authorized.
- Perform borescope inspections of aircraft engines, APU, and other components as required.
- Perform return to service inspections as authorized.
- Perform aircraft airworthiness releases as authorized.
- Prepare and sign customer orders/maintenance releases for the Repair Station.
- Adhere to general work rules and company policies and procedures applicable to work area and job functions.
- Removal and re-installation of aircraft access panels.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have at least 5 years previous experience as a technician preferably working on Transport Category Type Aircraft in a heavy maintenance/line maintenance
- Must possess valid airframe and powerplant certificates
- Must have received formal aircraft systems training on at least one customer aircraft type.
- Successfully complete the “New” Inspector Training Course outlined in RSM/QCM Section 8.9.1.
- Thorough knowledge of reading and interpreting aircraft blueprints, drawings, diagrams, and manuals.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Thorough knowledge of FAA/EASA regulations as applicable, aircraft and component maintenance manuals to include customer’s GMM.
- Thorough knowledge of Airline Transport Association (ATA) codes.
- Thorough knowledge of Repair Station systems, processes, procedures, and FAA Federal Aviation Regulations as applicable.
- Thorough knowledge of business/commercial aircraft inspection programs including but not limited to final closeout procedures, engine installations and hidden damage inspection.
- Thorough knowledge of business/commercial aircraft maintenance, preventative maintenance, rebuilding, and alteration practices as related to inspection buy-off.
- Skill to measure using a variety of precision measuring devices.
- Skill to use basic hand tools necessary to perform job.
- Skill to interpret and operate inspection/test equipment applicable to the job.
- Ability to train employees in the performance of duties in area(s) of qualification.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language in accordance with Title 14 CFR Part 65.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.