Diesel Mobile Mechanic
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mobile Mechanic for minor repair work on a diesel powered tractors and trailers in the York, PA area.
Shift: M-F 2nd Shift
Pay: $24-$28 per hour, depending on experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Tractor repairs
- Trailer repairs
- Support equipment repairs
- Inspections (scheduled / unscheduled / DOT)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform inspections on company owned equipment
- Sign off on DOT inspections
- Perform DOT brake inspections and repairs (air brakes)
- Repair air conditioning systems as needed
- Charge parts out into the company's computer system
- Read, troubleshoot, and repair electronic diesel engines
- Read and understand equipment electrical circuits and diagrams
- Troubleshoot and repair air brake systems
- Be familiar with DOT out-of-service criteria
- Know how to operate a torque wrench
- Safely operate shop supplied heavy duty tools
- Safely drive company owned equipment
- At least one year ofexperience in the operation and repair of tractor (class 8), and trailers (air brakes) inspection / repairs within a fleet, state, or federal (including Armed Forces) shop environment. Two year degree with a leading technical college in the repair of diesel engines is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.