Tool Designer/ CNC Machinist I
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Tool Designer/ CNC Machinist for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Must have minimum of five years verifiable experience as an industrial CNC Machinist or possess a CNC Certificate, 2-year degree in manufacturing technology, industrial systems technology, machine tool technology, or in similar disciplines required. CNC Technology diploma preferred.
• Must be proficient in reading and comprehending mechanical drawings, schematics and other complex technical manuals with no assistance
• Must be experienced with the design and manufacture of tooling and fixtures for machining and other industrial processes
• Must be experienced with 2D and 3D CAD software packages
• Should possess knowledge of ASME Y14.5 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Can confirm conformance of finished work to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gages.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and basic computer skills, including MS Office • Must have good mechanical ability with above average problem solving skills and the ability to work independently in a variety of environments
• Must be able to comprehend and apply information contained in detailed and, procedural manuals, blueprints, etc. with no assistance
• Must have the ability to work without close supervisory direction and to complete the job without assignment of tasks
• Must meet the physical requirements which include the ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
• Position may require overtime, weekend and holidays as needed.
• Internal candidates must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
• Plan and construct designs for altering and repairing a wide variety of tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges to very close aerospace tolerances.
• Work with toolmaker to create work holdings and fixtures which can reduce cycle times and improve part’s finish and quality
• Understand development work and difficult tool room operations. • Ability to read and manufacture a blueprints.
• Plan construction procedures and methods and select materials for tooling. • Diagnose and correct problems in tools, fixtures or dies.
• Manual mills
• Manual lathes
• Manual jig bores
• Boring mills
• Surface grinders
• Work closely with other machinists/toolmakers to solve machining / fit problems
• CNC Experience a plus
• Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
•Have Inventor Software experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?