Diesel Technician B-Level
2nd Shift Sunday thru Thursday 2 pm - 10:30 pm
Pay: $24 - $28 per hour, depending on experience
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Lead Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative maintenance tasks (brakes, tires, oil changes, etc.) on trucks and trailers in Minooka, IL. All vehicles are under warranty so the techs are not needing to do any overhauls or anything.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Follows workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently.
- Able to perform proper Preventive Maintenance such as lube, filters, inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related safety and security.
- Perform basic electrical repair and replace starters, alternators and batteries.
- Perform tires tread, inflation, rotation, wear, reconditioning of wheels.
- Inspect & replace basic engine components, transmission and clutch (R&R) and drive line components.
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 3+ years of mechanic experience.
- Must be eligible and able to obtain CDL withing 6 months of being hired.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.