Diesel Technician B-Level
1st shift Sunday thru Thursday 6 am - 2:30 pm
Positions open: (3)
Pay: $24 - $28 per hour, depending on experience
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a A-Level Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative maintenance tasks (brakes, tires, oil changes, etc.) on trucks and trailers in Minooka, IL.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Follows workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently.
- Able to perform proper Preventive Maintenance such as lube, filters, inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related safety and security.
- Perform basic electrical repair and replace starters, alternators and batteries.
- Perform tires tread, inflation, rotation, wear, reconditioning of wheels.
- Inspect & replace basic engine components, transmission and clutch (R&R) and drive line components.
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 3+ years of mechanic experience.
- Must be eligible and able to obtain CDL withing 6 months of being hired.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.