LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Manual Machinist for an opportunity in Wilmington, MA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the planning, layout, setup, operating and making tool adjustments for a variety of major conventional or automatic machines. Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. Checks and inspects and builds machining operations against specified tolerances. May include work with fabrication, sheet metal operations, or machine hardware and assemblies. May also make recommendations concerning use of and improvement upon materials and design.
- Essential Functions:
• Skilled Manual Machinist with High tolerance precision machining
o Shim Cutting
• Proficient in Lathe work
• Perform jobs from start to finish following drawings
• Experience or willingness to learn a 3-axis capable Acu-rite control Milling machine
• Aerospace experience desired
Education & Experience:
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.