LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Power Electronics Test Technician for an opportunity in Philadelphia, PA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
To assemble components and subassemblies for weapon optics.
• Assist in the build, test and trouble-shoot of power electronic systems and sub-systems (power converters, frequency converters, UPS units) for military, industrial, and commercial markets. Power levels will be three phase AC or DC up to hundreds of kilowatts.
• Assist in both design evaluations and qualification testing of power electronic systems.
• Assist in test and evaluation of design efforts pertaining to power magnetics
• Troubleshoot existing designs to assist in the creation of design improvements for efficiency and surge capabilities.
• Perform analyses of test data and format data for engineering assessment
Major functions: Essential Functions:
• Verify designs through empirical testing utilizing the latest laboratory tools and equipment.
• Thoroughly and clearly document and explain test plans and results to peer reviewers and engineering team members.
• Participate in test-to-specification and reliability qualification tests
• Participate in test readiness and data evaluation reviews
• Associates degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in set up, trouble-shoot and test of DC and 3-phase AC Power Electronics Equipment (10kW-approximately 300kW).
• Working knowledge of the latest power electronics methodologies and devices
• Knowledge of power electronic system/sub system architectures and basic functionality
• Working knowledge of DC and 3-phase power systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• The ability to work independently to assemble and test engineering models and prototypes using the latest tools and instrumentation.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Medium voltage (up to 20kV) experience a plus
• Familiarity with Military Power Quality Specifications a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.