LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sr Accountant for an opportunity in Akron, OH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Cost Accountant leads the cost accounting function; supports the business financial reporting focusing on Company standard cost and inventory valuation across multiple sites. Partners with other management in implementing the company’s policies and full cost transparency. Ensures financial business processes are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Job Core Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain accurate material, labor and overhead standard costs.
• Lead monthly cost accounting close cycle within SAP including order settlement and variance analysis across multiple sites.
• Advises management in interpreting and utilizing managerial accounting information
• Directs the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts with accuracy and report variances
• Develops business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Support the annual physical inventories at various plant locations and their reconciliations
• Establish cost controlling process to ensure full cost transparency and tracking against financial targets.
• Make decisions and proactive actions to deliver and maximize financial results on Balance sheet, Profit & Loss and Free Cash Flow elements.
• Manage internal and external audits, make sure audit actions are solved on time and bring improvement on site processes in general
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Travel as required
5-10 years of Finance experience in a manufacturing environment; Multinational experience a plus
• Thorough knowledge of SAP – Finance and Controlling modules
• Strong Excel skills
• Excellent people management skills and experience
• Extensive knowledge of cost accounting practices, acquired through related work experience in increasingly complex roles
• Capable of driving change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience
• Ability to anticipate internal or external business challenges/regulatory issues and make recommendations
• Capable in directing the resolution of complex or unusual business problems, while applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?