LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer for an opportunity in Orange City, Iowa.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the development and improvement of composite part fabrication processes, methods, and tooling. Position may include design of tools, shop floor manufacturing support, process development and introduction of new products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of tools, processes, machines and equipment to integrate the facilities and systems for producing quality product with the optimum expenditure of capital.
- Shop Floor Support.
- Responsible for applying and establishing statistical methods, which control the process and maximize productivity.
- Work Instructions/BOM creation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Ply shape flat pattern development.
- Tool Design experience.
- Knowledge of Boeing and Airbus process and specifications.
- Familiar with composite autoclave or oven curing cycles, thermal profiles, recipes, thermal effects, thermal expansion, wrinkles and tooling spring back effects.
- Detailed understanding of GD&T.
- Experience in Work Instruction creation.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills; able to prepare technical documents to be sent to customers.
- Composite part fabrication experience.
- Implementation of continuous improvements by the use of Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen methods.
- Reviewing drawings, models, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities.
- Establishment of sequences of operations to fabricate and assemble composite products that promote efficient utilization of equipment and labor.
- Implementing and improving new manufacturing processes.
- Experience with composite process and specifications of thermoset and/or thermoplastic parts and structures.
- Experience in establishing qualification plans, in order to qualify processes and equipment to the customer specifications.
- Capable of designing or defining the requirements for the development of equipment, robotics, Lay-up molds, Vacuum Holding Fixtures, Shop Aids, Positioning fixtures, Go-No-Go inspection tools required for the manufacturing of new products.
- Capable of performing safety, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), Process Capability and Total Product
- Maintenance (TPM) for new and existing equipment.
- Understanding basic industrial engineering practices, such as, time studies, statistical analysis, ergonomic impacts, and value engineering principals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.