LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Composite Technician with experience performing body and structural repairs on commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Pensacola, Florida.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Composite Technicians are responsible for performing routine and non-routine maintenance on commercial aircraft.
- Ability to identify Primary structure & PSE’s along with principal Composite components;
- Ability to research & work from SRM repairs, Blueprints, Service Bulletins, AD’s, EO’s & EA’s.
- Ability to accomplish complex repairs with quality cosmetic appearance to include: Hot bond metal repairs with core replacement fiberglass/carbon graphite pre-preg repairs with core replacement using proper ply orientation procedures.
- Ability to use on site hot bond machines; Knowledge of detection and removal procedures for foreign contaminants such as moisture, hydraulic fluid,etc, from aluminum or nomex honeycomb core.
- Proficient in vacuum bagging processes for hot bond repairs to include caul plate usage to maintain complex curvature of parts during repairs.
- Basic knowledge of composite hybrid materials and usage.
- Ability & willingness to assist, guide and train others in performing aircraft composite maintenance.
- Knowledge of IPC & ability to order parts & determine effectively without assistance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2+ years of repair experience on commercial aircraft.
- Boeing or Airbus experience preferred.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?