LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Quality Inspector I for an opportunity in Englewood, CO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and file/record incoming part history records.
- Assembly inspections (including power plant, materials, parts and subassemblies) which consist of, but are not limited to, workmanship and conformance to drawings and/or process instructions; and ensuring all related paperwork is complete
- Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with SNC and manufacturer's inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations
- Review log books and deferred maintenance items on appropriate work cards
- Perform required inspection functions during all checks on routine work cards; perform buy-back inspections on major items or non-routine work items; sign off log book, deferred maintenance items upon completion of work Inspect component exchanges covered by work cards during other maintenance functions
- Ensure that all inspections are performed as required of all scheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications or component changes to ensure that approved equipment and materials are being utilized and high standards of workmanship are being attained
- Record all discrepancies found on non-routine work cards or as otherwise specified in various sections of the aircraft maintenance manual
- Monitor all inspections record forms which are utilized in checks to ensure proper completion of all entries
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Initiate nonconformance reports (NCs) as required
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
- Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
- Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
- Participates in in-process and final inspection as needed.
- Trains collateral duty Inspectors
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspections
- Train contract / temporary employees in the inspection procedures.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
- 3-5 year’s experience in aviation or spacecraft preferred
- Minimum (5) years’ experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word.
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.