LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Senior Accountant for an opportunity in Marana, AZ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile financial statements, review data and ensure financial compliance
- Execute month-end and year-end closing, including monthly reporting and analysis
- Perform monthly journal entries accurately and in a timely manner
- Identify month-end close accruals and take ownership of process on an ongoing basis
- Maintain various support schedules necessary to prepare monthly journal entries (prepaid expenses, accruals, payroll, etc.)
- Maintain Asset List and ensure all expenditures are capitalized
- Calculate and prepare expense allocations
- Prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations and summarize account information
- Produce various financial reports for management (e.g., Daily Check Register)
- Reconcile Accounts including but not limited to AP, AR, WIP, Inventory, Intercompany Transactions, Bank Accounts, etc.
- Prepare capital lease and loan amortization schedules
- Assist the Controller with analyzing monthly financial statements and month-over-month variances to ensure accuracy before publishing financial statements
- Project/Cost Accounting including preparing monthly accruals, project profitability, analysis of variances and reports for presentation
- Support AP staff with day to day priorities, transaction processes, developing and implementing better processes
- Assist CFO and Controller with audit including but not limited to preparing audit support and documentation as needed.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant field
- Five or more years GL accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ERP Systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to multitask and deliver within tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment, being adaptable, and flexible to navigate changing priorities.
- Must have five years of accounting experience and two years’ experience leading a team.
- The Senior Accountant should be well versed in reviewing reports and journal entries prepared by Staff or Junior Accountants.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program.
Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?