LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Procurement Specialist with experience at an MRO for an opportunity in Kansas City, MO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the procurement of assigned commodities and services required to support ATS’ business goals. Uses best procurement practices to obtain lowest total cost of ownership for assigned items.
- Performs purchasing duties to plan and procure supplies, materials, equipment and services.
- Prepares RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs for goods and services. Evaluates supplier proposals and recommends contract awards.
- Prepares and executes purchase orders and agreements for goods and services in support of company business goals.
- Plans, evaluates, and procures planned goods, raw materials and chemicals to maintain adequate inventory levels to increase production proficiencies and on time completions.
- Coordinates the fabrication, heat treat, and material process requirements in accordance with FAA and OEM directives.
- Provides order updates to production, internal planning, and overhead department leadership.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Associates degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oracle experience strongly preferred.
- Service purchasing experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to confidently lead conversations when interfacing with all management levels including production floor, planning, and engineering organizations.
- Excellent human relation skills and reasoning ability.
- Strong knowledge of planning systems and purchase order generation.
- Ability to effectively negotiate price, quality, and delivery schedules to maximize cost savings and supply chain direct margin.
- Ability to train employees in various procurement activities.
- Excellent skills in multi-tasking, organization and prioritization of multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment by working independently with limited guidance.
- Basic understanding of Lean concepts and the ability to use supply chain management principles to support continuous improvement.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?