CNC Machinist II
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Machinist with aerospace experience for an opportunity in Tucson, Arizona.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of safety standards for equipment and demonstrate safe behaviors at all times
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times
- Complete required equipment maintenance checks
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to company quality standards
- Performs operations per specifications on drawing/print and documented procedures
- Must work well with others in a team environment
- Monitor operations and quickly react to non-conformances as they occur
- Produce and inspect parts at rate
- Deburr parts using machines such as milling, drilling, grinding and other machines as needed
- Identify parts clearly and accurately using vibropeen, electo chemical etching, cnc engraver, dotpeen, or equivalent
- Hone parts utilizing vertical and horizontal honing machine
- Machine parts on CNC Mill and Lathe’s
- Perform SPC
- Perform and record first piece inspection and fill out in-process inspection sheets
- Assist others with machining problems
- Set up proven jobs on CNC equipment, make minor approved adjustments, knowledge of tooling requirements
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2nd shift opportunity.
- Minimum of 2 years machine shop experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must be able to read and write English
- Application of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics
- Experience reading technical drawings and work instructions.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of measuring & inspection
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, and handle objects. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull, and reach above shoulder level. The employee must be able to carry/lift up to 40 pounds and be able to rotate item being handled
- Work on feet for entire shift
- Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly and methodically
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Working knowledge of CNC machine code and ability to change off sets
- Must be able to set up proven jobs in established time
- Conventional experience is a plus
- Strong CNC Lathe skills preferred
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?