We are currently looking to hire a full time General Machinist for our manufacturing facility located in Addison, IL. We are a industry leading Aerospace/Aviation parts manufacturer and work with large companies such as Boeing, AirBus and GulfStream. This position is on 1st shift and pays $24 - $26p/hour depending on experience. There is quite at bit of OT and candidates must be okay with working 12 hour shifts at times.
Summary Sets up and operates numerically controlled horizontal lathe to perform machining operations such as turning, boring, facing, and threading parts such as castings, forgings, and bar stock by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge and or experience working with various CNC Lathe/Mill machines. Machines on site are primarily Mazak and Hass machines
- Comfortable working with tolerances within +/-.0001 to +/-.0005
- Experience utilizing Fanuc controls is a must.
- Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
- Mounts work piece between centers, in chuck, or to faceplate.
- Selects and installs preset tooling in tool posts, turrets or indexing heads, and automatic tool change magazine, in sequence specified on process sheet.
- Depresses buttons, toggles, or sets tape and starts machining operation.
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
- Turns dials and switches to override tape control and correct machine performance.
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications.
- Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run during automatic tape controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
- Sets tools before positioning them in lathe.
- Sets up and operates another machine tool during tape controlled machining cycles.
- Machines nonmetallic materials.