Sheet Metal Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Sheet Metal Mechanics for an opportunity in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Sheet Metal Mechanics will read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes - Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders.
Work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
Utilizes tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches - Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft where methods and operational sequences are not established, complete information is not readily available, and tooling is not provided or is inadequate, exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained; completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods; verifies application/condition of installed materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs; removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes.
Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers.
Record data and procedural information for future use by others.
Improvises shop aids to facilitate fabrication, application or assembly operations.
Fabricates shims, brackets and plates as required and performs assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections as required.
Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
- These positions are mostly working modification and some LO restore
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have Secret Clearance
- Low Observable Coatings application experience and training.
- Knowledgeable of Tool Control, FOD, Supply, HAZMAT, Training, Quality, and Security programs.
- Certifications/License Requirements: (ie: A&P, Forklift, etc.)
- Low Observable materials application (not mandatory)
- Specific Physical Requirements (ie: stand, walk, stoop, etc)
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, work overhead, perform repetitive movements, and talk and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or push or pull up to 20 pounds and frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?