Tool & Die Maker
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Tool & Die Maker for an opportunity in San Antonio, TX
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Tool and Die Maker constructs and repairs jigs, fixtures, cutting tools, gauges, or metal dies or molds used in shaping or forming metal or nonmetallic material (e.g., plastic, plaster, rubber, glass).
Work typically involves:
- Planning and laying out work according to models, blueprints, drawings, or other written or oral specifications,
- Understanding the working properties of common metals and alloys, selecting appropriate materials, tools, and processes required to complete task,
- Making necessary shop computations, and setting up and operating various machine tools and related equipment.
- Work for someone in this position also involves using various Tool and Die Maker's hand tools and precision measuring instrument, working to very close tolerances, heat-treating metal parts and finished tools and dies to achieve required qualities, and fitting and assembling parts to prescribed tolerances and allowances.
- In general, the Tool and Die Maker's work requires rounded training in machine shop and tool room practice usually acquired through formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with CMM and CNC
- Metal fabrication
- No tools required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?