LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Program / Paint Manager for an opportunity in Perryville, Missouri.
This position requires an advanced knowledge of aircraft paint processes and supervisory abilities. The job includes management of the Paint Shop processes, schedule, employees, control and evaluation of the shop operations, expenses, finances, and ongoing development to meet the needs of the company. Solid supervisory skills and the ability to get along with other employees and customers alike is essential. Paint slot scheduling, work order review, processing and pricing to the sales team and customers are part of the daily routine. Job duties will vary each day and may encompass special projects as designated by the General Manager. This position works as part of the WSA management team and independently to exercise discretion and independent judgment in coordination of customer and company projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Paint process, schedule, employees, control and evaluation of the shop operations, profit, and loss along with equipment, tooling and training needs to run a successful Paint shop.
- Work with Paint Technicians to ensure aircraft project flow and work processes meet expectations. Quality of work, safety and aircraft schedule are essential.
- Work directly with sales, customers, project management, quoting and other program managers.
- Supervise Paint Technicians in daily work tasks, such as job assignments, work order processing, FAA paperwork and shop processes.
- Hire and train new and existing technicians.
- Continue to expand the capabilities of the Paint Shop to meet the needs of the company.
- Maintain operations per current EPA, OSHA, and NESHAP Regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 4 years recent experience as an Aviation Paint lead, supervisor, or manager over the Paint Shop
- Bachelor’s degree is helpful, but not required
- FAA Repairman Certificate or Aircraft and Powerplant Rating is helpful, but not required
- Self-motivated, able to work at a rapid yet professional pace.
- Ability to get along with other employees and management alike.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees to stay on task and deliver a quality product.
- Ability to interact directly with customers, including resolution of conflict.
- Ability to develop employees and solve work / personal problems.
- Perform all work in accordance with FAA, OSHA, EPA, and any other applicable regulations.
- Ensure all employees adhere to all work rules and federal / state regulations.
- Maintain positive customer relations and customer service.
- Direct the workflow of multiple projects cohesively.
- Supervise employees in daily operations and duties.
- Completion of work orders, FAA paperwork and billing items.
- Able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Routine walking, bending, squatting, or sitting.
- Routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
- Basic personal computer operations to include routine access of using a computer and reading electronic and paper documents.
- Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to FAA, EPA, OSHA, haz mat, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and resolve employee relations matters cohesively.
- Ability to work well with others in a professional manner to include customers and employees.
- Ability to coordinate projects.
- Extensive team management skills.
- Extensive customer service skills.
- Most work will be accomplished in an office / hangar environment.
- Various positions in and around the aircraft or paint hangar.
- Must pass urinalysis and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights