LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Avionics Install Technicians with experience performing electrical and avionics related maintenance and aircraft modifications on corporate aircraft for an opportunity in East Alton, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Avionics Technician performs inspection, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, removal and replacement of aircraft instrument and avionics components and systems using basic hand tools and test equipment to meet manufacturer's specifications, FAR's, industry standards, and West Star Repair Station Manual in a safe and organized work area. In addition, this position may communicate and interacts with customers regarding aircraft technical issues.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, test, removes and replaces avionics and instrument wiring and systems installed in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials. Orders necessary parts to complete the job.
- Enters description of work completed on the work order and properly documents removal and installation of aircraft parts and components according to approved data and West Star Aviation approved procedures.
- Accompanies flight crews to perform in-flight troubleshooting and adjustments and performs preflight evaluations of avionics and instrument systems.
- Communicates and interacts professionally with the internal and external customers to educate and answers questions regarding the technical functions of the customer's aircraft, within area of expertise.
- Attends factory and Company technical classes and participates in OJT to increase technical skills and proficiency. Maintains technical training log.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have 2+ years of avionics install, troubleshooting & repair experience on aircraft.
- Current A&P license preferred.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program.
Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?