Sr. Systems Engineer - Thermal Analysis
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opportunity in Louisville, CO.
In your role as a Thermal Analyst, you will be responsible for determining the integrated vehicle thermal performance of the Dream Chaser Cargo System for all mission phases from pre-launch through post-landing.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in the development of vehicle and component level thermal models of the DCCS
- Conduct and document thermal system analysis required to meet program milestones
- Coordinate model results with other systems to implement thermal control solutions
- Prepare and give technical presentations to management and customers
- Develop predictions for thermal system validation and verification events.
- Perform thermal model correlation to test and flight data
- Authoring technical and engineering memos as required
- Create test procedures and identify necessary test equipment
- Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
- Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
- Support flight tests and mission operations
- Assist the program efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Bachelor's of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
Ability to use Thermal Desktop and SINDA to conduct analyses
Thorough understanding of requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
Strong interpersonal skills, as position will require interfacing with many engineers from a variety of disciplines Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager
Advanced Experience with requirements management and system modelling tools, such as DOORS, Rhapsody, NoMagic, MATLAB
Knowledge of industry standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
Experience or certification in INCOSE standards
Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
Experience leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures
Thorough understanding of establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.