LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Component Repair Technician with experience for an opportunity at NAS Lemoore, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Disassembles systems components to support the correction of failures or implement changes.
- Performs routine troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components.
- Fabricates and modifies aerospace products according to specifications.
- Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of a aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations).
- Works under general supervision.
- Test and troubleshoot electronic circuitry to fault isolate and identify the malfunctioning discrete or active components (microcircuits, transistors, capacitors, resistors, etc.), with 4 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capable of performing repairs and conducting final acceptance testing on avionic equipment.
- Capable of reading and interpreting assembly drawings and electronic schematics.
- Experience in soldering to a high-reliability standard such as MIL-STD-2000 or J-STD-001C, and ability to inspect own work for compliance to quality standards.
- Experience in operating electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, frequency counters, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience using various hand tools to (dis)assemble avionic equipment.
- Capable of organizing and prioritizing workload.
- Capable of using Windows-based computers.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance and access to the Lemoore Naval Air Station is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 4+ years of aircraft avionics installation or troubleshooting experience.
- Must have active clearance
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
- Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work may be required.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.