LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Structures Mechanic for an opportunity in Mesa, AZ
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assemble, modify and install aircraft structural assemblies, subassemblies, and structures on aircraft systems. Identify non-conforming parts, conditions and manufacturing processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assemble aircraft structures or aircraft support equipment with or without the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, reaming, countersinking, burring and fastening using various hand tools as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Shim, fit, trim and align structural assemblies and subassemblies that vary considerably from one Assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assemblies callouts, butt, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from
existing structure; correcting skin canning conditions, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and remove surface defects as assigned.
- Assemble, install, rework, repair and modify aircraft structural, mechanical or electrical assemblies, subassemblies, components, systems, and airframe structures on aircraft systems following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, repair and rework sketches, written and oral instructions.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED and 4 or more years of experience
- Knowledgeable and skilled in basic sheet metal, riveting, assembly methods and common shop practices.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret and work from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
- Able to work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
- Open to either any shift (1st or 2nd)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?