Diesel Mechanic - A/B Level - Newburgh, NY
Temp to Hire (90 Days)
Shift: 2nd Shift: 12pm-8:30pm or 1:00pm to 9:30pm Mon-Fri
A-Level $30 Plus PH - DOE
B-Level $26-$29 PH - DOE
Contractor would work 1st shift for two weeks or so and then move into brand new 2nd shift.
CDL not required for this position but can obtain after 90/120 days onsite.Must be flexible to do road service support after hire.
Strong emphasis on diagnostic experience.
Diagnostics is imortatnt in consideration of candidates. Please ask candidates in detail about their diagnostic experience. What software they have used, etc please list in your submittal email highlights.
Diagnostics using Diesel Laptops or tablets that provides specialized diesel diagnostics analysis, trouble issues and error codes on equipment for the commercial truck, construction vehicles, automobile and highway markets. Utilizing diesel diagnostic tools and repair information. Develop the diesel diagnostic expertise that provide customers with complete customer service.
Perform all tractor and trailer repair estimation diagnosis and correction following standard operating procedures (SOP's). Completes routine rebuilds and replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and performs technical repairs and/or replacement. Uses American Trucking Association (ATA) system and other published and internet-based manuals and check sheets.
- Follows workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently.
- Follows MSDS training and guidelines.
- Able to perform proper Preventive Maintenance such as lube, filters, inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related safety and security.
- Perform basic electrical repair and replace starters, alternators and batteries.
- Perform tires tread, inflation, rotation, wear, reconditioning of wheels.
- Inspect & replace basic engine components, transmission and clutch (R&R) and drive line components.
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components.
- Advanced and continually upgrading tools
- 2 to 3+ years of experience. A-Level requires 3 years minimum.
- Must have valid drivers license with acceptable driving record (Must be eligible to obtain CDL after 90/120 onsite)
- Own necessary basic tools.
- Exposure to windows based computer systems, preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.