We are currently looking to hire a full Electrical Engineer for our facility in Addison, IL. Our company is a industry leading Aerospace/Aviation part manufacturer that works with large clients such as Boeing and Gulf Stream. This will be a day shift role from 8AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday and pay can start off at $85-105k per year. Possibility for more depending on experience. Please see below for more detail!
Summary Conducts analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products by performing the following duties. The senior electrical design engineer is accountable for the integration of electrical assemblies and components into a product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Prepare and direct printed circuit board assembly layout, detailed drawings and electrical schematics.
- Analyze electrical components and assemblies to meet all customer and internal specification requirements for complex products.
- Perform electrical simulation analyses to validate component sizing and performance.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations internally and to customers.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Ability to operate in a team environments and communicate effectively. Lead and direct work of technicians, support engineers and designers.
- Perform necessary tasks and coordinates all necessary activities inside or outside the engineering department; in order to meet cost, performance and schedule requirements for the assigned projects.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgement, including the ability to disposition hardware with minor supervision.
- Create and maintain bill of materials up to final release into the document control system.
- Supports Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities associated with development, qualification, or production returns.
- Accountable for accurate and timely reporting of program budget, schedule, and technical problems.
- Understands and applies risk management practices to development and production/field support programs.
- Manages customer requirements and effectively handles scope changes.
- Reviews and critiques designs produced by entry level members in the department.
- Provides and/or recommends training to entry level engineers in the department.
- Assists with proposal efforts by providing accurate estimates in the time, effort, and risks involved with meeting all of the electrical design and performance requirements.
- Communicate deeply technical test or analysis results, in written or verbal form, to a less technically-orientated stakeholder.
- Shares recent developments and lessons learned with the department.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and at least five (5) years experience
- Experience with aerospace processes and methods (DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-31000, Y14.100, DO-254) preferred.
- 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) platforms Dassault Systems Solidworks and Altium EDA software.
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Project)