LAUNCH is seeking Aerospace painters for an opportunity in Orange City, Iowa.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Works according to takt time on a moving line or bench, performing finish assembly processes to mass-produce commercial aircraft composite products.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assemble parts according to job travelers and provided sketch sheets.
- Performs bonding processes using adhesives, small hand tools, and assembly jigs.
- Requires light sanding and abrading of composite, plastic, and some metal components.
- Hand wraps insulation blankets, using utility knives, foam insulation, and insulation tape.
- May perform some light riveting using rivet squeezes and pop rivet guns.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 1+ years of aircraft structural assembly.
- Self-motivated, quick learner.
- Fine hand motor skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to follow demonstrated steps.
- Understands simple instructions, short correspondence.
- Basic understanding of process specifications.
- Ability to comprehend information and ideas presented orally and written to supervisor or co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Capable of operating forklift, dolly, and pallet jack
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.