LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking APG Mechanics for an opportunity in San Antonio, TX
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform production installations, maintenance*, preventative maintenance** and alterations*** on aircraft structure, systems and sub-systems, including electrical and avionics on standard or experimental certificated aircraft. Troubleshoot, inspect, test, repair, service aircraft and engine systems to prepare aircraft for flight.
- Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures.
- Perform audit/surveillance of all manufacturing and quality assurance processes, according to specifications, processes, and procedures. Perform functions such as: Customer/FAA Coordination, Configuration Change Verification, Conformity Inspections, Airworthiness Inspections (including Pre-flight and Post-flights), Corrective Action and Investigations. Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures.
- May perform Aviation Maintenance Technician tasks in order to obtain and maintain knowledge, skills and required certifications.
Associated Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use technical specifications, sketches, manuals, drawings, engineering instructions and FAA forms and publications to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintains Company and FAA required records and inspection forms.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Plan and organize the sequence of your own work package in such a way as to promote safe, efficient operation and meet predetermined schedules in a timely manner.
- Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned tasks. Including but not limited to Company WEB based systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Interpret and perform to the requirements of airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and other approved/accepted data.
- Apply applicable mathematical calculations to setup and use precision measuring tools, to measure gaps, heights, angles, hole diameters and depths.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- As assigned, exchange information with suppliers, customers or other company representatives to explain or demonstrate operations, tests or difficulties.
Qualifications and requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED and 7 or more years experience
- B737 experience preferred
- 737 field experience (preflight/post flight) with an avionics background proficient in testing/troubleshooting preferred
- Previous engine run experience on CFM type engines and/or flight line experience with an airline/military prefered
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?