CNC Fabric Operator
We are looking for a skilled CNC Fabric Operator/Router for our company located in Elmhurst. We are a industry leader in supplying companies with custom/fabricated blinds and shades for their offices or events. It is a 1st shift role, working from 8AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday. Pay is from $20 to $25 per hour. See below for more details:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Machines are build by Aeronaut, Gerber, ASKO and a few Blackman and White's are on site.
- Read and understand work orders, tech drawings, cut sheets and written instructions.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ability to determine best material yield and maintain in-house inventory.
- Ability to multitask: prioritizing, maintaining professionalism and high quality of work.
- An even temperament and ability to adapt in a deadline driven environment.
- Assist in maintaining, cleaning, and organizing finishing department.
- Other duties as assigned by team lead and/or Supervisor
Required Skills & Experience
- Completion of apprenticeship and three years of experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Technical knowledge: EnRoute software and MultiCam technologies. Formal training, a plus.
- Knowledge of the basic carpentry tools. Attention to detail and maintaining a safe work environment is essential.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Physical Demands: Must be able to kneel, bend, sit, stand, walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must write and speak English clearly. Knowing Spanish or Polish is a plus, but not necessary.
Job Type: Full-time