CNC Machinist - Contract to Direct Hire Opportunity!
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Machinist with experience on Fanuc controls and setting up machines for an opportunity in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
With little or no assistance level three machinists operate 3-5 axis CNC machines or conventional mills and lathes to produce complex aerospace parts demonstrating advanced cross training flexibility, including first part run and full machine recovery. Level three machinists are able to complete complex setups on 3-5 axis machines, apply advanced blue print and GD&T reading to complex production inspection processes. Level three machinists will also be able to edit programs and write simple programs to make tooling. Level three machinist competencies includes trouble shooting complex parts and providing assistance and training to lower level operators. A level three machinist may also serve as an SME in building 4 creating aluminum molds that serve as holders.
- Fully operate multiple machine platforms as needed, including CNC and or conventional Mills and Lathes.
- Perform complex setups without assistance on a number of machine platforms, including 3 and 5 axis machines.
- Perform complex inspection tasks to validate and respond to dimensional requirements and specifications utilizing advanced GD&T and print reading abilities.
- Validate programs and first part runs on newly developed product.
- Assist in accurate and safe full machine recovery.
- Interact with production tracking tools such as Avante or E1 to charge time to job orders and claim parts at the end of the shift.
- Perform SPC as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduate of a certified machine trades program.
- Effectively speak, read and write in the English language
- Two (2) years of experience setting up and operating CNC vertical mills, and basic programming skills, as well as performing manual machining.
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints, drawings, and have the ability to inspect parts, using precision measuring equipment.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Experience with Mastercam® CAD/CAM software, FARO® CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine), and Polyworks® 3D Metrology software
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application (i.e., Six Sigma, Lean Principles)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.