LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Technician for an opportunity in Waco, Texas
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans and performs installation of mechanical structural modifications, preventative maintenance, repair of mechanical and structural components for on military and commercial aircraft.
• Proficient in interpreting engineering designs and drawings
• Proficient in reading aircraft Technical Orders and aircraft Time Compliance Technical Orders
• Performs complex modification and installation of various equipment by modification of aircraft primary and secondary structures
• Work independently with little to no supervision
• Use complex hand tools and machine shop equipment
• Provide technical direction, training, and guidance to other technical personnel as necessary
• Supports development and utilization of mechanical fabrication and installation working aids and templates
• Help planners and leadership to Identify and coordinate workflow opportunities and task assignments during the integration process
• During aircraft modification; perform in-process inspection and closeout inspections for assembly and installation design conformance
• Maintain FOD free environment
• Comply with all Government, Tyonek, and L3 policies and standards
• Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: • High school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma
Qualifications and requirements:
• Minimum of twelve (12) years of significant experience in demonstrating installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance/repair of complex structural equipment
• Must have experience working in modification teams
• Provide technical assistance and collaborate effectively with other high-level technical personnel
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• Graduate of a technical school is preferred
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
• Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
• Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
• Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
• May be required to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
• Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
• Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
• Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
• May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
• May be required to work in varying temperatures and weather• Must be willing to work any shift.
• Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?