LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Stress Engineer with extensive aerospace manufacturing experience in Savannah, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
The candidate will be ultimately responsible for producing high quality designs, ready for manufacturing, on time, at the right cost by employing all Structural Design core competencies to develop structural definition of the aircraft from conceptual layouts to final detail design.
Engaging various engineering, manufacturing, and product support teams to complete designs.
Participating in design reviews.
Participating in aircraft build support.
Interacting with suppliers and preparing technical coordination memos.
Preparing engineering reports.
Documenting, tracking, and managing design projects of various magnitude using online knowledgebases and tracking tools.
Providing technical leadership and mentoring to junior engineers.
Qualifications and requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Static and fatigue analysis of primary and secondary airframe structure of metallic construction experience.
Strong background in classical stress analysis.
Experience with Catia V5 to support stress analysis and drawing release.
Experience with reviewing 2D drawings.
Skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Preferred skills
- Experience with aircraft modifications and repairs (STC, MRB, or Service) preferred.
- Static analysis of composite structure, preferably with experience using GAC analysis methods
- Composite allowable testing and certification requirements.
- Experience with Patran/Nastran is a plus.
- Strong preference for engineers that enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?