LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opportunity in Louisville, CO.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Inspector capable of dimensionally inspecting high-tolerance spacecraft components using Laser Tracker, Faro-Laser system, Romer, CMM or hand equipment. These individuals will need to be highly adaptive and able to respond to ever-changing priorities amongst multiple spacecraft and component programs. Experience and understanding of the theories of metrology is needed to be successful in this position. Experience Zeiss Calypso is highly desirable.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Inspect and file/record incoming part history records
Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements Read and interpret specifications and part prints
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M
Any Laser Tracking / Faro Arm operation a bonus but not required
Initiate nonconformance reports (NCs) as required
Ensure calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment is up to date prior to conducting inspection operations
Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required
Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection question
Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements
Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
Participates in in-process and final inspection as needed
Trains collateral duty Inspectors
Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations
As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspections
Train contract / temporary employees in the inspection procedures
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
*Must be willing to work shifts on a rotational basis and weekends/on-call as needed*
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
- 3-5 year’s experience in aviation or spacecraft preferred
- Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use Faro-Laser System, CMM (preferably Zeiss), Romer, Laser Tracker and basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.)
- As required by site, knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of higher precision measuring or Non-Destructive Evaluation equipment.
- Minimum (5) years’ experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word.
- Proficient with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math).
- Knowledge and ability to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance per ASME Y14.5M
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.