LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Material Coordinator with aviation tool crib experience for an opportunity at San Antonio, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employees will handle aircraft parts, tools and related hardware in receiving areas and ensure that the shop, tool rooms and other customers are supplied with tools, equipment and supplies.
- Employee will receive, sort, store, kit, inventory, issue, release, route, locate, coordinate, prepare and move materials (such as: raw materials, tools/tooling, parts, drawings, equipment/support equipment supplies, surplus property, and hazardous materials and waste) for one or more assigned.
- Support schedule revisions by coordinating the movement of all materials as required. Perform unloading of all vehicles, or other material movement devices as required. Check materials with identification on orders and facilitate the correction of discrepancies according to processes and procedures.
- Accumulate and maintain accountability records and/or reports, relay availability and status for all materials processed. Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to move material. Perform all tasks involved in ordering, receiving, recording, storing, checking, issuing, shipping and releasing of tools, shop supplies, materials, machine accessories, special tools, tooling and support equipment.
- Perform tasks that require knowledge and understanding of the terminology related to the tools and equipment in stock. Establish and adjust minimum and maximum requirements for tools and supplies. Set up inventory recording and control systems.
- The physical demands and potential hazards described here are typical of those that may be encountered in this job. Eye, hearing, hand and foot protection, fall protection, as required. Requires frequent lifting up to 35 lbs. Frequent standing, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering. May require bending, kneeling, crouching, squatting.
- Exposure to aluminum, steel, plastics, fiberglass, graphite composites. Exposure to radioactive signs, explosives, and other hazardous materials. Exposure to lubricants, solvents, wood splinters and saw dust. Use of potentially dangerous tools such as pneumatic nailguns and staplers, power saws, knives and band cutters.
- May require working from high places. Additional Tasks Duties and Responsibilities: Identify improvements for processes and procedures as needed. Operate typical shop equipment to provide movement of all materials. Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned task.
- Familiarize other employees with functions, methods, procedures, etc., by passing on information and answering questions. Use power or hand operated cutting tools and equipment for cutting material to requisition size. Check hardware and tools for visible damage and route broken, worn, or obsolete hardware and tools to proper authority for disposition.
- Accumulate and relay availability and status for all materials processed. Open containers; identify, weigh and count contents and verify quality acceptance of incoming hardware. Upon receival, check items for identification and damage. Re-load trucks as required.
- Prepare items for shipment, along with appropriate coordination and documentation, for flyaway, remote kits, grief resolution and vendor pickup. Inspect content of and clear tool boxes, issue hold out notices as required.
- Clean oxygen hand tools, store and issue fasteners, etc., in accordance with established procedures. Kit, re-label, repackage, machine and/or hand mix sealant, paints, adhesives, lubricants, solvents as required under the direction of a higher grade employee. Dress tool grinder wheels, cut off drills and reamers, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?