LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Production Technicians with experience assembling aircraft for an opportunity in Dripping Springs, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Description: Expanding company seeks Production Technician. Must be able operate various items of machinery, fully understand departmental and corporate processes, and utilize various hand tools in fabricating and assembling harnesses and electronic components in accordance with production assembly orders and/or engineering drawings.
- Incoming inspection of kits received from part and materials
- Laser Marking of wires and alternate identification processes
- Creating bag and harness labels
- Wire preparation which includes stripping of wires and crimping of pins as well as installing
- Terminating prepped wires into connectors
- Form boarding harnesses per engineering documents
- Continuity checks of all assemblies
- Final bagging and kitting.
- The technician will have the knowledge to create production center project file folder, wire chart development.
- Proficient in LWA kitting and its process.
- Possesses the skills required and can train others on more complex terminations such as coax, Ethernet, Quadrax as some examples.
- Some theory of operation avionics component operation on aircraft.
- Ability to operate avionics test equipment such as digital multi-meter, TDR, frequency generator etc.
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
- All work will be done in accordance with company SOP’s (Standard Operating Processes) and any governing technical data such as aircraft manufacturer standard wiring practices or FAA applicable requirements for safe and high quality product completion.
- Being proactive in department Continuous Improvement Program and assisting in the creation and/or revision of existing SOP’s required.
- Tool control, shop cleanliness, work area cleanliness is a daily responsibility as well as a dedication to producing top quality industry leading products.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or trade equivalent
- Familiarity with Manufacturer Standard Wiring Practices
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as an assembler in a manufacturing environment
- Harness, Panel or Kit assembly experience
- Aerospace or aircraft Electrical and or Mechanical assembly experience (preferred)
- Understanding and familiarity with handling electrostatic devices and components
- Experienced in working with various hand tools
- Solder experience (solder certification to IPC-610 and/or J-STD-001 desirable)
- Ability to read color-codes, assembly and harness drawings
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be detail oriented within a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to take on new tasks and a changing environment
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Experience working in conformance with a quality system
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- Must be legally able to work in USA and supply required supporting documentation for the I-9 Form
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?