We are currently looking to hire multiple Welders to join our team in Red Bud, IL. We are a large scale manufacturer of structual plastic equiment. This will be a 1st shift working Monday through Thursday, 5am to 3:30pm with some OT on Fridays. Pay will range from $16-$20 p/hour depending on experience. Please see below for more information on this long term oportunity:
The Welder builds healthy communities through play and recreation by safely welding metal parts together using specified wire welding processes to produce high quality assemblies. This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- May install or repair equipment.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Uses templates and other work aids to hold and align parts to ensure quality and consistency of parts produced.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Satisfy the required hours of the department.