We are looking for a 1st Shift, 7AM to 3:30pm, Lab Technician to join our team in Wood Dale. Our company is a industry leading Ink Cartridge manufacturer and distributor for large orginaztions all over the world. This position can pay anywhere from $20 to $25 p/hour and can interview and start ASAP. Please see below for further details:
As a member of our Sustaining Engineering function, the successful candidate will be responsible testing Value Analysis Value Engineering (VAVE) solutions for reliability and cost improvements.
- Perform product verification and validation testing in accordance with test plans and standard operating procedures.
- Collect and report experimental data for engineering studies related to our products
- Collaborate with Engineers to write, review, and provide feedback on test plans and SOPs, and data collection forms.
- Build, test and validate test fixtures
- Assemble electromechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment, subassemblies, and components for testing purposes
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot printers and products. Analyze and troubleshoot field returned components
- Maintain 5S standards for lab organization
- Assist technical support in electronic and mechanical related issues.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in technician roles
- High school diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, or similar, is preferred.
- Ability to assemble mechanical machines, wire and solder electronic circuits, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Having Engineering lab experience is a plus.
- Experience with electromechanical industrial equipment, with knowledge of motors, valves, pumps, solenoids, filters is highly preferred.
- Experience with the following equipment is a must:
- Mechanical: Hand tools, calipers, force gauges
- Electrical: oscilloscopes, multimeters, soldering irons
- General knowledge of wiring diagrams and/or mechanical drawings
- Must be able to work in a team environment, and be self-sufficient
- Ability to perform the following:
- Work first shift
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Work with and around solvents such as MEK and Acetone
- Work in environmental chambers from 5C-50C (40F-122F)